Social Icons

facebook twitter linkedin Instagram rss feed

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Falling In Love With Artificial Intelligence

companion_robot

I came across a trailer for an upcoming movie called “Her”.  It is the story of a depressed man who falls in love with his artificial intelligent computer.  I myself am a strong advocate of artificial intelligence and even I have had a few friends joke here and there making fun of me that one day I will start a relationship with a computer.

I have never had any interest in artificial intelligence in such a way.  I have never had any interest in any sort of sexual gratification with A.I., however that does not mean that everyone will share my opinions.  One day, there will be people who have long lasting relationships with machines.  One day, people will fall in love, have sex, and do any and everything that they do with regular humans except they will do these things with machines. Here is the trailer for the movie "Her".

Personally, if technology was so advanced that this was possible in 2014 I don’t think I would be very interested.  I am merely interested in A.I. to make my life more simple,  (Even though it is a highly complicated process) not to start a relationship.

When that day does finally arrive, how will most humans react to such a thing?  Humans having sex with robots?  Sounds kind of creepy but it is definitely coming one day.  These sort of things are already in the works.

I guess the people who are not interested in a virtual companion will have to reserve judgment to those people who choose to partake in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

 

Donate

Followers