Social Icons

facebook twitter linkedin Instagram rss feed

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

UPDATE: Denise Turning Off A Lamp

belkin-wemo-1-399x500Despite my lack of recent updates, I have been working on my home automation project.  Fairly recently I received a few Belkin Wemo devices.  These are Z-Wave devices that allow a smartphone to turn on or off whatever is plugged into it.

I thought that these Wemo devices would be a cool addition to the project overall.  However it seemed as if I had run into a problem since there was no windows-based application to control them.  Apparently the Wemo devices are solely controlled by a smartphone application.  It was a minor setback for a moment or two until I discovered a workaround.

 

After reading up on the Wemo a little bit, I discovered that the Wemo is compatible with the IFTTT service.  It appears as if I can control the device by using a specific recipe within IFTTT.  For this particular test, I set it up to where the device- which was plugged into a lamp, would trigger by simply sending an email to a specific email address.

It worked.

)

1 comment:

  1. Hola, por favor me podrias decir que version de denise habla epañol premium o platinum, muchas gracias.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

 

Donate

Followers