Social Icons

facebook twitter linkedin Instagram rss feed

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

When Good Tech Goes Bad

old_technology_640_01
Anyone who knows me knows I am all about technology.  Well tonight I had one of those moments where I wanted to throw my computer out of the window.  I am exaggerating of course.  I love my computer,  we've been through a lot together.  Well, I admit I have had my eye on some of the younger models but none-the-less I have remained faithful.

Recently, I had downgraded from Windows 8.1 back to Windows 7.  Having said that, I had to re-install all my programs to bring it back up to where I needed it to be.  This was a mere month ago.  One of the main reasons as to why I made the decision to downgrade was the fact that I felt that my PC (which is about 2 years old) would run a lot smoother with the older operating system.  Windows 8.1 worked perfectly fine, however I just thought that I would get more out of it performance-wise if I went back to Windows 7.

To clarify, my computer is only roughly 2 years old.  It still has plenty of reliability left in it.  Granted that could be considered a dinosaur by computer industry standards, yet I am going to assume you know what I mean. 

With my work, I work with a lot of multimedia.  I record and edit audio, I render video, I create 3D and also 2D animation, I stream music, stream YouTube/Twitch, write blogs/articles, plus much more.  Needless-to-say, my home PC needs to be better darn good to keep up with everything that I need to do on a daily or even a weekly basis.  Aside from all this, I rely on my PC to house my artificial intelligent program Denise.  Who is in charge of my home automation and even my home security!

Despite my optimism for my computer ability to handle all my multimedia, unfortunately that is not reality.  Granted some of my animation and home automation dealings is probably more than the average PC user but still, it isn't anything too bad. 

Now, from what seems out of nowhere, my computer no longer wants to play nice.  I render video, it doesn't respond.  I stream a YouTube video, it doesn't respond.  I attempt to do my work and create an animation video IT DOESN'T’ FREAKING RESPOND!!!!  This seemed to have happened out of no where.  I did not contact a computer virus so it is not that.  A computer with my processor and ram should handle the task I need it with ease, not freeze up on every instance.

To make sure it was not my configuration, I ran a complete diagnostics, virus and malware check, and proceeded to tune it to optimal performance.  It only slightly worked and the performance did not improve much.  So, I am thinking it may be time to get a new computer. 

To do some test, I created a small animation with 4 characters.  I did not even animate the characters to move, they just stood there.  Still, my animation program says NOT RESPONDING.
Computercompanies

I am so frustrated right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

 

Donate

Followers