Social Icons

facebook twitter linkedin Instagram rss feed

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Talking Car Project #6: Stereo Rooted With New Rom

I knew once I hit my stride that things would be flowing at a more steady pace.  The stereo is going to be the brain of the car and how it will be able to speak, accept, and execute commands.  The way this works is by using specific apps within the Android platform.  However the version of Android that it came with the stereo from the factory was not very good.  Aside from that, for my needs I needed the device to be rooted so I could take full advantage of the device and how it controls my vehicle.


I knew what I had would not work since the system had many app crashes.  So, I did what I have done countless others of times.  I did an absurd amount of reading on how to root the stereo so I would not brick it.   Finally,  I learned that I had to root the stereo a specific way with a specific firmware.  If I was off in my calculations or firmware version, it would have bricked it.  If I choose the correct firmware but had the incorrect resolution, I would brick it.  Needless-to-say that was not an option since I have been waiting to pull off this project for a very long time.

I guess you can say I figured it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

 

Donate

Followers