Social Icons

facebook twitter linkedin Instagram rss feed

Monday, May 5, 2014

My Home Can Now Talk To Me

The-Ubi-ubiquitous-computer-300x267

For about a year I have had my eyes on a small device called The Ubi.  Essentially The Ubi is promised to be a computer without a computer.  The device can do such things like setting alarms, notification of temperature, connecting calls, sending text messages, and even controlling home automation devices.  However what is really cool is the fact that The Ubi can (from what I assume) Google different questions that the device is asked.  For example, if I ask the device “What is 2 plus 2?”  The device will respond with the correct answer.  Or if I ask the device “How did George Washington die?”  The device will respond with the correct answer.

Some of you may be thinking, doesn’t your Denise program do the same things?  In short, yes.  However the difference between these two devices are that A.) The device can be used without having the computer on 24/7.  B.)  Can connect with my phone to call or text people from my contact list.  Other than that, that is where the majority of  the differences end.

My Ubi is already on its way to my home and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. 

This was the initial video I saw when I first learned about The Ubi.  Apparently this video was featured during their Kickstarter campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

 

Donate

Followers