Social Icons

facebook twitter linkedin Instagram rss feed

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Talking Car Project: Entry #1


Something I am always thinking about is how can I do something cool that most people do not have.  I don't exactly remember how or when I came up with the idea that I wanted a talking car, however that is somewhat irrelevant.

Subconsciously it was probably when I was a child watching Knight Rider.  I have an upcoming project that will give me, a real smart talking car!

I have kept this project under wraps for the most part because I lacked the proper hardware to accomplish it.  That will soon change since the main component I am needing to pull this off is being shipped as I type this.  Needless to say I am beyond stoked.

KNIGHT RIDER:
I had told a coworker of mine a little about what I planned on doing and his first reaction was a Knight Rider reference.  He asked "You going to have David Hasslehoff's voice in it?"  I want to make this abundantly clear that my talking car project will be nothing like Knight Rider.  Perhaps than I should have not used the K.I.T.T. graphic at the beginning of this post.  Oh Well.

The technology that made K.I.T.T. what he was did not exist in 1984.  Hell, a lot of it still doesn't exist.

K.I.T.T.'s artificial intelligence was completely fabricated for the TV show.  This is reminiscent of the movie Iron Man with Tony Stark's assistant Jarvis.  That is another case of Hollywood making it seem A.I. is more advanced that it is in reality.  That kind of A.I. will not be around for several more decades.

K.I.T.T. was bulletproof, could jump over obstacles upon command, and even drive itself.  I am not bulletproofing my Mitsubishi, there is seriously no point to justify that nor the cost it would take to do that.  I cannot have the car jump over obstacles upon command as well.  Even if I could, I will go on to assume that the frame of the vehicle wouldn't like it too much.  And finally, the car will not be able to drive itself.  Granted, self-driving cars are something that is rising in popularity however the technology is no where near what K.I.T.T. could do in the TV show.  So no, my car will not be able to drive itself.

WHAT WILL IT DO?:

To be continued.... you will have to stay tuned to this blog to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

 

Donate

Followers