Social Icons

facebook twitter linkedin Instagram rss feed

Friday, January 15, 2016

Talking Car Project Entry #4: Frustration And Delays


If someone were to ask me my greatest weakness, the answer would be simple.  I want things to swiftly happen and at my pace.  I have always said that the world move entirely too slow for me.  If my brain functions 100 miles per second, it is understandable that I also want life to move at an equal pace.

I have been delayed on getting started with the actual coding and programming of the project until i get the cosmetics squared away.  For the first 2 weeks after getting the stereo installed (which will be the cars brain so-to-speak) I had ran into issues with my reverse camera and also my front-facing camera as well.

I had finally gotten those issues squared away and resolved, and my last cosmetic task was to get the dash kit installed to make it look the right way.  While I waited for my dash and bezel to be shipped, it has an awful gap on both sides of the stereo.  The first bezel I purchased on Amazon did not work. Aggravated, I went to Custom Sounds and purchased the correct one.

The man told me "This will fit, it fits all double din radio."  Needless to say, when it arrived 2 days late, it did not fit.  So naturally, I was upset.  The fabricator suggested that I deal with it and leave the gaps in the dash.  I sternly gave him a "hell no".

So now here I am again, waiting.  I reached out to the manufacturer whom I purchased the stereo from and asked them to send me a different model.  Told them I would send back my stereo and pay the difference.

The problem is, this company is in China and I have already experienced a mass amount of incompetence from this company.  I. Am. Not. Happy.

I refuse to get started on the coding and programming of this project until it looks right.  I am quite relieved I did this because had I jumped the gun and rooted the stereo, and began... it would have been a loss to be since the warranty would have been voided.

I am here, and my project is delayed another few weeks until I receive the new head unit.

Again....

I.  Am.  Not.  Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

 

Donate

Followers